Spring is the perfect time to get your spray equipment ready for an effective application.
Spring is officially here, which means spray season is finally underway. Investing some time in your sprayer today will yield great results tomorrow. Before you head out to the field, we want to share a few tips that will help you improve the performance of your sprayer this season:
To Avoid Spray Drift
- Replace spray tips and nozzles immediately if you notice a change in flow rate or a change in pattern distribution.
- Monitor the weather and check for wind speed and direction before you spray.
- When using herbicides and pesticides, you will often find the gallons per acre (GPA) and droplet size requirements listed on the label, so read it carefully.
- Set the correct boom height to ensure proper spray pattern and overlap.
- Invest in good drift control spray tips to help you improve efficacy.
- Avoid spray drift by calibrating your sprayer at least once per season.
To Maintain Your Sprayer
- Service spray equipment by following a timely schedule.
- Make sure to only use clean water when servicing your sprayer.
- Flush the spray pump after every use.
- Always flush the poly tank to ensure there is no sediment at the bottom.
- If your sprayer is mounted on a truck or UTV, make sure to check the vehicle itself.
To Decrease Downtime
- Put together an Emergency Kit that contains a few spare parts.
- Teach other applicators how to use the spray equipment properly.
- Bookmark how-to guides and instructional repair videos for easy access when something breaks.
- Rely on Sprayer Depot if you need extra help!
Located in Florida? Our convenient retail showroom is a one-stop shop for all your spray equipment needs. We offer a full inventory just like on our website, and we also repair equipment, regardless of where you bought it! We have 3 service bays, which means plenty of space to accommodate just about any repair. Our Repair Technicians are ready to help 5 days a week.
Don't hesitate to give us a call if you need help with a repair, or if you want to schedule a service appointment at our Orlando, FL retail location. Just call 800-228-0905.