Hypro manufacturers its own line of small commercial gas engines called PowerPro™. These gasoline engines are suitable for a variety of agricultural, industrial, and lawn & garden applications. Like all of the top quality spray equipment brands we sell, these engines are factory-tested to ensure quality and performance ratings. Another great benefit is Hypro’s warranty on this engine, so your purchase is protected from any manufacturer defect from purchase date to a year.
PowerPro™ engines come in different models. Hypro’s wide selection of engines ensures you will be able to find the ideal one for your spray equipment. Available in 2.5, 5.5, 6.5, and 13 horsepower models, they can handle a wide range of applications. The engines can be coupled with different hypro pumps, including centrifugal, roller, and diaphragm pumps. This added benefit makes it easy for you to configure your current equipment or custom-build a sprayer to include a pump/engine assembly for even more power!
Thanks to our friends at Hypro, and their extensive educational resources, we've put together a quick reference guide to help you take care of your PowerPro™ engine:
1. Before first use, please ensure you use SAE10W-30 oil. The engine is not shipped with oil so you must add it before starting it.
2. Choose unleaded gasoline to operate the engine.
3. For a new engine, replace engine oil every first month or after 20 hours of operation. After the first oil change, replace it every 6 months or after 100 hours of operation.
4. Clean valve, combustion chamber, fuel tank, fuel filter and fuel supply line each year or after 300 hours of operation.
5. Clean the deposit cup every season or after 50 hours of operation.
You can refer to the breakdown below to get familiar with every part of the engine:
If you are looking for even more information on these engines, give us a call! Our knowledgeable Customer Service Technicians can recommend the best one for your application. Subscribe to our blog so you won’t miss out on more upcoming posts where we’ll take a closer look at Hypro’s PowerPro™Engines.